2020 Eerie Erie “Virtual”
Thursday, October 29 –
Saturday, October 31
Register today for the 2020 Eerie Erie Virtual 5k/10k and support the Erie Optimists.
With the current uncertainties of large gatherings during this pandemic, we have organized a virtual Eerie Erie this year.
Race/Run/Walk Days: During this virtual run you will register online and then commit to running your 5k or 10k between Thursday, October 29 and Saturday, October 31. You can run any course or route that you like. Log your start and end times and enter them on our tracking site.
Location: Anywhere you like
Shirts are being sent to printer Wednesday, October 28 and we will mail when we receive them in a week or so.
Eerie Erie is the primary fundraiser for the Erie Optimist Club. We are dependent on your participation to raise money for our annual programs. Thank you for your support!!
HOW DOES A VIRTUAL RACE WORK?
Since we can’t all gather in person to run this year, each runner will run on the course of their choice. You can run from your house, or you can go to your favorite running trail — wherever you choose! You will time yourself, then enter your time on the race results website
DO I NEED TO USE A GPS TO TRACK MY RUN?
Running with a GPS watch or tracking app is completely optional — some runners will use them, and some will not. If you do choose to run with a GPS or Tracking App, you have the option of entering the link to your run map when you enter your run time. Additional info is available in the “Where and How do I Enter My Results” section below.
WHERE AND HOW DO I ENTER MY RESULTS?
This is the link to the Eerie Erie results page:
Entering times is quick and easy — here are the instructions:
- Runners can go to the results website then enter their name in the search box at the top of the page and click the search button
- Next to your name in the search results, you will see an “Edit Time” link — click that
- A page will open up that will allow you to enter your time. You must also enter your birth date to verify your identity.
- Runners also have the option enter a link to their GPS map if they run with a GPS watch or tracking app on their smartphone (this is optional — a GPS link is not required to enter your time). Supported apps include Strava, Garmin, Fitbit, Polar, MapMyRun, RunKeeper, MovesCount, EndoMondo, SportsTrackLive, and TomTom Sports. If your app is not on this list, please feel free to enter it anyway and we will do our best to add that app functionality to the results page. Please make sure to set the privacy settings on your tracker app for your run to “Public” or “Everyone” so others can view your run.
- Current overall and age group places will be verified and updated on the website once a day — typically in the evening.
WHEN CAN I ENTER MY RESULTS?
Results can be entered anytime between 12:01am on October 29th and 11:59pm on November 2nd. The “Edit Time” link will appear on the results page at 12:01am on October 29th and it will remain active through November 2nd. Times can not be entered before October 29th or after November 2nd.
DO I GET A RACE NUMBER?
Yes!!! If you would like to wear an official “Eerie Erie” race number during your run, you can print one from the results page. Just go to this link:
Enter your name in the search box at the top of the page and click the search button, then click on your name. You will see the option to print your race number on the next page!
DO I GET A FINISHER CERTIFICATE?
Yes!!! Yes, you can print your official “Eerie Erie” from the results page. Just go to this link:
Enter your name in the search box at the top of the page and click the search button, then click on your name. You will see the option to print your race finisher certificate on the next page anytime after noon on November 3rd!
Race Photo Uploads
Upload your photos from your Virtual Eerie Erie on our Facebook Page or with this form.